Mr. Brandlin is a founding Partner of Burkley Brandlin Swatik & Keesey LLP. He has been selected to Super Lawyers in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
He has been in private practice since 1987 representing individuals and families with issues involving perpetuation and transfer of family wealth, probate, estate and gift tax planning, post death administrations, conservatorships, guardianships, business organization, business succession and business transactions.
Mr. Brandlin has been designated as a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Brandlin is a frequent lecturer and author on estate planning and probate matters and recently co-authored a very comprehensive three part article entitled “Succession Planning for the California Family Business” which was published by the California State Bar in their CEB publication entitled the “California Business Law Practitioner” in the Fall 2008, Spring 2009 and Summer 2009 issues.
Areas of Practice
- California, 1987
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1987
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1987
- Honors: Recipient of the Bancroft Whitney Book Award
- B.S. – 1984
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer, 2014
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California , Member of Estate Planning Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association , Member of Estate Planning Section
- South Bay Bar Association , Member of Estate Planning Section